Hey guys my chin has an eye problem need help please!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noj222

Hey guys my chin looks like he has a scratch on the corner of his eye, I had brought him to the vet and was just given eye drops, a week later both his eyes were closed, brought him back to the vet and got antibiotics for him. Now his one eye is better, but the other eye is still infected and it's been about two months of dealing with this. I really don't want to go back to the vet again, and I also don't want to keep giving him medicine as he's getting stressed. Also another note it looked like that eye was healing until I had given him a dust bath. If anyone can recommend anything I can do, or maybe possibly another vet in New Jersey I'd be really happy. I attached a file of it for anyone who wants to take a look. Thanks Noj

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 27
u can try All creatures veterinary care center. Thats where i took a few of my chins when i was living i NJ. They are not the greatest with returning calls/follow up calls, so you need to stay on that, but the vet care itself was always great and i never had issues with.

352 greentree rd.
sewell, nj 08080
856-256-8996
allcreaturesvetcare.com

Thanks for your input godofgods, unfortunately I don't think I can make it to that place as it's an hour and forty minutes away. Although I looked at some other vets from here, and I may try and find one through here. If they fail I will try them though.

I was given Baytrill and some kind of pet gel, nd no wasn't x-rayed. Do you think that would help? I mean I can see the scratch on the corner of his eye not sure if an x-ray would show anything.

Usually with a nasty eye problem like this, a steroid/antibiotic eye drop and a oral antibiotic is used. Baytril on its own in my opinion is not a great choice.
A sulfa antibiotic such as trimethsulfa and a drop like neopolydex is what I use for this kind of injury.

Last edited:
No I was given eyedrops before the baytrill. After a week of the eye drops it didn't do anything, he said let's see if it heals on it's own then both eyes got the infection and I was given the baytrill with a pet gel and eyedrops which I did for two weeks. He looked like he was healing. I had given him a bath and now the one eye looks bad again.

the eyedrops are neomycin and polymxin b sulfates and gramicidn ophthalmic solution

Back