Hi. Looking for a breeder.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all:
I am currently looking for a breeder of chinchillas. Our 18 year old son has wanted a chin for YEARS! We would like to locate a breeder in our area, or at least only a short drive away :) We would like to get a baby, male chin.
We live in the Hampton Roads, Va area.
Any help or guidance is appreciated!
Thanks,
Theresa

Welcome to the forum OBX.

Amie over at Whimsey Menagerie runs a rescue. Could try there.
I'm over here in Richmond and there are plenty on craigslist that are in desperate need of homes. Many close to you.
Start up costs are more expensive then the animal. So keep that in mind. I have had several outstanding sweet adult rescues. Never regretted a moment having them here. Down to one ole gal here. She's a keeper.

Remember chins can live a long life. Require an exotic vet and will chew every darned thing in your house. You also have to keep them in cool air conditioning in our area during spring/summer months.
On the other hand, they are a joy to have around. Always glad to see you and some love to be scratched and the rare one likes to be held.

Best of luck with your search. And look around in the forums classified. Some really great people selling items made just for chins.

Thank you for all the information. We would really like to locate a young chin to adopt. Please keep me in mind, if you know of any breeders.
Theresa

Interested in finding out more information about available young chins

I'm about 3 hours from the area on the NC/VA border. I have several animals available at this time and some that will be available in Dec - Jan.

Hi. I would love some additional information about your baby chinchillas. Would you have any available for Christmas?

Please contact me via email:
[email protected]

Thanks!
Theresa

Back