Is she Choking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

The video is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JI2JocPlI&feature=youtu.be
Please check it out and give some input as well as if i can do anything. The chin vet doesnt come in until 1pm. I will be bringing her in, even if its an emergency visit. We moved into our new house yesterday and Tainga chewed furiously on cardboard on the ride over. Im worried that she got some lodged in her throat =[

Is the chin still doing it or was it a one time thing? If it continues ,if this was my chin, I would want a vet to take a look, especially the lungs.

The vet gave her an x ray and said she had a "fur ball" she said obviously she can't tell if it's actually a fur ball but something like it. They have her a short of pain meds to relax her as the vet said it was most likely caused from stress due to our moving. Vet told me to give her pineapple juice mixed with critical care and said come back if it continues. Tainga has not done the noises/movement since that night. I gave her the pineapple juice only 1 or 2 days. She was a bit bloated after this and had Tiny droppings, but was back to normal a day or so after. She is now acting like a normal chilla :)

Back