chin coughing?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

So, we just moved into our new house today. I knew it would be stressful for my chins to move so they will not get playtime until I feel they're adjusted to the new environment. I have 4 chins. 2 are acting like nothing happened, one is clearly a bit startled and one keeps making strange cough like noises. For the cart ride I had them in a cardboard box, with plenty of holes. I held them on my lap, without the car heat being on. The chin that is coughing was vigorously chewing on the box, the other three were calm. I'm worried that maybe she was panicking while chewing and breathed some cardboard into her lungs, is that possible? It seems to be happening less and less, but I've had chins for 4.5 years and have never heard the sound so I'm scared. Could it just be from nervousness? Has anyone experienced anything like this? If you've heard a chin sneeze and imagined what their cough would sound like, that's what noise she's making. Anyone want to share their moving experience would also be appreciated. Thank you!

Back