'Extinct' cat-sized chinchilla found alive in shadows of Machu Picchu

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting....but its a chinchilla RAT. Not a chinchilla. :) eww. While rats are icky, that one is kinda neat looking. In a weird, should-be-extinct way. ha

Haha - I didn't think much about the rat part! I just thought it was neat to see a furry small animal species that was thought to be extinct. :)

Rats are NOT icky! Rats are awesome pets, incredibly clean and intelligent.

I would love either a gambian pouched rat or a cloud rat - or both!

Tunes I have to disagree with you there. Although I owned gerbils I could never bring myself round to even holding a rat. I think I have a bit of musophobia.
MerMer, that's cool. I like it when they find more animals :)

My daughter adores her pet rat. He's clean, intelligent, remarkably gentle, and easy to care for. Best $10 I ever spent (since I didn't have to buy cage/etc since I have so many on hand).

I love it when species that were believed extinct turn up alive and kicking. I also love it when new species are discovered.

My friend posted this on my facebook and I thought it was really interesting too! I really like rats. I've never owned one, but I would love to get a pair someday. They look like a lot of fun. Plus, they seem to be clean like chinchillas :thumbsup:

Back