Chinchilla not eating on his own

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conhad200

My 5 year old chinchilla recently had an accident. Somehow he got out, still not sure how because the doors were shut tight then one popped open out of nowhere. (I’ve taken proper precautions since this accident to keep doors secured with a second measure). He got out of his room and our dogs were messing with me. He was not injured, I throughly checked him over. He bit me very hard because he was scared when I scooped him up. He has stopped eating and drinking on his own. We are hand feeding him mushed pellets and water and he’s eating them. The past day he has been more alert and seemed a little more normal but still not eating on his own. He is separated from his cage mate and in a small cage currently because his cage mate was picking on him with him being a little shook up. Is there anything else I can do for him currently or just wait it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vet visit would be a good idea since you don't now for sure if he was hurt or not, they hide serious injuries well. That said what you are doing is appropriate for the situation, feed and wait it out and look for further symptoms if a vet visit is out of the question.

I vet visit would be a good idea since you don't now for sure if he was hurt or not, they hide serious injuries well. That said what you are doing is appropriate for the situation, feed and wait it out and look for further symptoms if a vet visit is out of the question.

Unfortunately a vet visit is out of the question. He has seemed to perk up a little today and took some shredies as a treat, so hopefully he’s on the mend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back