Easy way to do it?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
I've decided to separate Smudge's FN so that Bostin can have a bigger cage to stay in. Is there an easy way to get the wire grid in without taking the whole top apart, or will I have to drag my boyfriend over to help me take it all apart? :D

I think you'll have to loosen more than one side, but you should be able to do it without taking it apart. I know when I put mine together the middle floor kept falling down until the screws were tightened.

I would think that if you'd loosen just one side, it'd wiggle enough to give the leeway, but I could be wrong.

The FN is like like two boxes on top of each held together by pins in the corner. When we moved our cage from upstairs to the basement, we took off the top half and moved it in two sections. You'll probably need help still but you should be able to remove the upper portion as is, attach the middle and put in back on.

It's been a while since I moved mine around, but I believe if you loosen the the screws enough lift the upper half of the cage off, you can just wiggle out/in the middle grid. It's probably a two person job though, especially if you're weak like me;)

Thanks everyone. I'm sick as a dog right now, but hoping I get better soon so that I can separate the cage. Smudgie won't be too happy with me, but Bostin isn't too happy in his little cage, either. I can never win... :p

Maybe Phil will do it for me to be nice....pfffffft

Well we just tried to take out the middle without taking off the top of the cage and we had no luck. Oh well it was just a few more screws to take it all apart.

We took out one screw on the left side and one on the right and just loosened the others in the middle. I was able to wiggle the grid in doing this. I should be an expert at it by now, 3rd time I have had to split it down the middle LOL

Well I tried to do it by myself this morning with no luck..I got one side in but the other will not budge. ...And, of course, the screws are stripped. I'm going to drag the boyfriend over later today to try and help me.

Good job, and the images you posted of the cage look great. I'm sure he will get over having a smaller cage.

Back