How Did You Find This Forum?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you find this Forum after CnQ shut down? (Select any that apply)

• Referred by a Veterinarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Referred by a Pet Store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet Search - Google

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Internet Search - Yahoo

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Internet Search - MSN/Bing

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Internet Search - Other Search engine

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Referred by another member

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Referred by another website (e.g. rescue or member's website)

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

charlie

Stuck on Hedgies
Fellow Hedgie Lovers/Owners,

In efforts to increase our membership, particularly on the hedgehog side of things, we are asking you to provide a quick response on how you came across this forum. This information will help us to reach out to new hedgehog owners and those interested in hedgehogs. By increasing our membership, this forum can continue to be a valuable resource to hedgehog owners and lovers alike and increase the knowledge base which benefits us all.

Please take a brief minute to submit a response and help us out. If you select "other" and you would like to share how, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I had been posting on another chin site, where the site owners and most of the members are based in the UK. I had asked a couple of questions about something (I forget what) related to where to buy something. Another member suggested this site for a more US based member base.

I added it April.

I initially found CnQ in 2003 by doing an internet search for hedgehogs. When CnQ shut down, I was told by the admins about the new forum.

I don't remember precisely... so I checked "other."

When I was initially looking into getting a hedgie, I had done plenty of Google and Yahoo searches that landed me in all sorts of places. I may have learned about CnQ from Google or Yahoo directly, from breeders sites, from HHC or HHW, or MIHog... and I don't think it was just one source... I wasn't until I read "enough" from of a lot of different sites that I judged CnQ to be a good source of info and, later, joined.

Then, after CnQ disappeared, I found CnH... um... magically? I'm fairly certain it was by either Google- or Yahoo-ing my way here. Perhaps even Goodsearch-ing. I'm fairly certain I navigated my way here before the new site was posted over on HHC, but wouldn't lay a lot of money on that bet.

To sum things up, I'd have to say a combo of search engines and other hedgie-related websites.

BUMP! Just a reminder, if you are a frequent or seldom visitor to the hedgie side of things on this forum and have not yet responded, Please do! We need your help to make this forum a thriving place!!

Thanks so much!

I actually posted on a group on facebook against the pet store I bought Sookie from explaining their irresponsibility with not separating male and female hedgehogs and then selling female hedgehogs to owners who are unaware. A member of CnH referred me to here just in case anything came up. I've been a dedicated member ever since : ]

I know this is the hedgie side but I found CnH through a Yahoo search looking for safe antibiotics to use with chins. Then I got intrested in all the topics and decided to join. Plus I saw the classifieds and decided my chins needed some new "toys."

I kept hearing about Chins and Quills while I was researching Hedgehogs prior to purchasing. So I goggled it and this website came up and I joined. I actually thought it was Chins and Quills, with a change of name, until I read a comment about Chins and Quills being shut down.

I found it while i was doing research on hedgies after going through a ton of information i ended up on this forum which seems a lot more helpful than some others I have seen.

Back