Hammocks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How does your chin prefer the hammock?

• Taught, tarp-like so it doesn't give much under weight

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Slouchy so my chin can bury in it

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Somewhere in between

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

ninjaturtletayy

So my chin has a hammock but doesn't use it... I'm wondering if it has something to do with how I hang it. So I figured I'd ask those of you who have chins that enjoy their hammocks.

Does your chin prefer a hammock that hangs tighter so it's more tarp-like and doesn't cave in much when your chin climbs in or looser so it slouches and your chin sinks in?

My female won't go in one no matter how I hang it. She is timid and won't try new things. My male sleeps with his head only on it while standing up, his whole body in it, any which way he lands. Try putting a cheerio in it once in a while so they associate it with good things.

My chins all prefer it slightly droopy so that they can curl up in it, but not sagging too much because when it swings/moves a ton they get a little freaked out. They love their hammocks!

Six out of eight would not touch a hammock for several years,but I always kept one in each cage.Suddenly this past fall,they have decided that a hammock is wonderful. I can go in chin room and all will be snuggled in. Piglet and Eeyore pile on top of each other in theirs.So glad I kept one in the cages for so long otherwise I would have never seen the cute fuzzbutts hanging out in their hammocks.They do tend to stay in them more when it is colder.

My two chinchillas love their cube hanging house,it's there favorite place to cuddle and sleep together, but when it comes to a hammock they won't even take a second look at it when I put it into their cage.

He likes his taught. He isn't a huge fan of them either, but does use them once in a while, so I keep them. :) The fleece prints are so cute for decoration too. :D

It varies from chin to chin, so it's best to try many options and see what they like. One of mines like the slouchy kind that she can comfortably sit in, while my other two enjoy ones that keep their shape so that they can sleep without worrying about slipping out. It's all up to them!

Unfortunately my chins are in separate cages as they do not get on too well, however, they both have hammocks! One loves his to be somewhere in between of being a little tight but allowing him to bury inside, where as the other guy just loves to chew his one to pieces!! Hes gone through 3 of them!!:hmm: He actually seems to prefer to break it down till it drops onto his shelf where he can sit on it... although he doesn't like it if there isnt at least one hanging in the cage :hilarious:

Back