Chin stopped pooping. New mom! Help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHenderson

I'm a new chin mom. I've only had her for about two months so I'm still new to everything and not sure if I'm just being a worry wart. But these past couple days my chin has been having a mixture of small dry poops and normal healthy ones. I've been wanting to get her checked out but with the holidays all of my nearby exotic vets have been closed and there are no openings until Saturday. She is still eating hay/pellets and drinking water normally. During play time she is still bouncing off walls. She's just slowed down pooping. And today it seems like she hasn't pooped at all! What is something I can do to help her before saturday?! I am so worried! Your help is appreciated thank you!!

How is she doing today?

That's great that you are keeping a close watch on her. However, if she isn't straining or acting uncomfortable I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks for responding! I gave her infant gas drops. I noticed that she's pooping a little more with them but they're still a bit small. Hopefully she stays okay until Saturday.

Back