New-coming Chin Owner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggz

Hello! (and sorry if this is a lot of questions!)

So for approximately 2 months I have been researching chinchillas and their care. Recently I contacted a very reputable breeder and they are sending me three females in about to weeks. All of them are listed as "show quality" and I would really like to get into showing them if I could.

My first question is quite broad, how do I go about showing them. I know how to register with a breeders association, but how would I prepare and register for a show? What features do they look for in the chinchillas when judging? And honestly I am not going to waste your time asking thousands of questions, so if you guys don't mind me asking could you tell me all the basics I would need to know about showing and starting my own ranch? I'm aware of their temperature and humidity requirements, and their nutritional requirements, and pretty much the "pet care" part of taking care of them. However, I am having a great deal of trouble finding information on showing and, in the future, breeding chinchillas. Any info will help, thank you so much!

P.S. I am also having trouble finding a list of the 2019 shows, either that or there are only about three in the US in 2019. So if anyone could show me a updated 2019 show list it would be much appreciated, thank you.

i have no idea about shows myself. I would suggest contacting the MCBA or ECBC and ask them. They should have at least some information.

Back