Bottled or tap water?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What water do you use?

• Straight from the tap!

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Bottled water

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Tap water boiled and cooled or purified by some other method

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters
I always just buy the basic water from the super market which is roughly 20p to be safe rather than sorry!
Boiling a kettle, letting it cool and filtering it also seems like a efficient way also :)

its worth noting that not all tap water is the same. It varies from region to region and even town to town; as well as source.

When i was living in a town in NJ we had town/city water. I used a Pur filter on the faucet to help. When i had to move over to PA, i then became on well water. The house had a filter and uv system, and i used my pur filter on the faucet. But well water in PA still has a much much higher mineral and calcium content. With in the first year one of my boys developed a bladder stone. However im not sure if the increase in minerals in the water caused this, or if it was a symptom of something larger. (He eventually had to be put down. We found he had other organ issues by that point too.)

So not all tap is equal. Some areas might be ok, others not so much. The only well to get an idea is to have it tested like i did.

Either way; after that i switched to bottled water for them.

Back