classifieds section

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

I have a problem with this rule in the hedgehog section
1. User who has been a member for 30 days AND at least 10 contributing type posts monthly to one of the chinchilla or hedgehog sections. "Aw cute" type posts do not qualify as a contributing post.

There are only about 10 active threads in a month in the hedgehog section and I did not have something to contribute to all of them. The only way I could make the requirement is by making junk posts just to up my count. I was unable to post to the classifieds despite logging in several times daily and checking all threads. The only reason I can post now is that I got chins and started posting in that much more active section. How is anyone suppose to post hedgehog classifieds if they don't have chins?

You can post in all areas of the forum. Even though I do not believe the 10 post/30 days requirement is hard by ANY means, if someone really wants to use the classifieds yet feel they can not post enough, we still offer the option to buy advertisement space.

If you have no chins though and have never had one you have nothing to contribute to the chin section. So being able to post in the rest of the forum does no good. The other pets section is even slower than the hedgie section and the off topic is just birthdays. I'm not sure it's fair to make all hedgehog people even if they are selling 1 hedgehog their entire time here to pay for an ad while those who have other animals don't have to just because there are more of them.

If that person really needs to get rid of their one hedgehog, they are more than welcome to post in the rehoming & rescue section with a small rehoming fee, as anyone can do regardless of posts/amount of time being a member. This rule is to keep people from abusing the forum as free advertisement space, as the forum is here first and foremost as a place to share knowledge on chins & hedgies, not make a profit off of them without contributing to what this forum is for.

Back