My Michael Jackson rant!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
This is my OMG are you kidding me part 2.

Homicide? Are you serious? They are talking about charging his doctor with homicide and not manslaughter. Do I think he intentionally killed Michael? No I don't. Where was Elvis' death being labeled a homicide? Um it wasn't. Did his doctor face any charges--nope not a one. Yet it was the same situation, an incredibly powerful and rich star begging for drugs to sleep, to eat, to get up and function on a daily level. Anna Nicole's death was not ruled a homicide.

This is just driving me nuts. All of a sudden because the so called fricking King of Pop wasn't supposed to die at 50, they have to rule his death a homicide.

Like Heath Ledger who they couldn't call it like it was--overdose. Oh no it was "accidental" Well it wasn't accidental. He knew EXACTLY what he was taking, but he didn't care he didn't think he would suffer the consequences of his actions because he was Heath Ledger.

Drugs can and will kill you people! There is a reason there is a prescription with our drugs--INSTRUCTIONS on how to take them. You don't just pop them because you're tired or your wired or you want to sleep.

Drugs don't care who the **** you are--they don't care if your The Pope of Mary Smith, if taken wrong you can die.

And guess what--it's YOUR fault then! Not your doctors, yours. Especially if YOU put them in your mouth or your veins.

This whole media circus is starting to make me SO sick. He hasn't even been laid to rest yet and that's so disgustingly gross.

This era of stars and their habits being excused is really obnoxious.

Uhm, you really didn't see this coming? They are also saying he might not be dead. He was famous. His death can make people money, so they will exploit it.

I think that the difference is that the doctor administered the drugs. MJ didn't give it to himself, so it wasn't an accident, I suppose. I don't know...it's stupid.

It seems like if a doctor knows that a patient is abusing any type of drug he or she is prescribing, then that doctor should be held a tiny bit responsible for the person dying as a result of an overdose.

AZ, that's where the "manslaughter" charge would have come from, the doctor prescribing them despite knowing the risks. But homicide is intentionally killing someone, y'know, going up with a gun and going "Boom". It wasn't like the doctor FORCED MJ to take the drugs. Michael asked for them, the doctor gave them. MJ killed himself moreso than the doctor.

I really am so sick of this whole circus. His life was a circus, so now his death must be too. And Laurie, I'm with ya on the fact that he's STILL not buried being extremely nasty.

Yes, I agree with AZChins. The doctor administering the drugs himself changes things significantly. The Hippocratic oath, which is given to every MD when they are licensed, requires that they "DO NO HARM". This doctor certainly did not abide by his promise and his responsibilities as a physician. At the very least, he should lose his medical license.

I'm on the side of the doctor at least being charged with manslaughter. Not murder, but manslaughter. He knew what he was doing was illegal, but he wanted the prestige (and the bucks, let's face it) of being Michael Jackson's doctor and he wasn't going to refuse anything he wanted. That could have ended his gravy train.

I am a Michael Jackson fan. I thought his life was a tragedy from the time his father figured out his kids were cash cows. I think he died much too young, at the fault of himself, his doctors, and his family history. I think the doctor should lose his license, so he can't do this to anybody else. But murder? No. Not even close.

I just heard something on the radio, and I quote: "Is Micheal Jackson really dead?, Details coming up next." Umm Is he the new Elvis or Tupac?

LOL Didn't they have a video of him walking out of an ambulance into a building? I wasn't paying attention, but there was something on the news. MJ news just makes me turn away so I can do something, anything else besides watch it.

The video was proven to not be true; something on the van was different than the real coroner's van. As for the homicide charge, well they haven't released everything yet so I assume they have a lot of evidence yet.

From the latimes website...

The drugs propofol and Lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson's death. Other drugs detected were midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine, and ephedrine.
Propofol, at least in animals, and to my knowledge, in people, works quickly to induce anesthesia. It's really nice because there tends to be quick and smooth recovery from it. Yes, it can cause a period of apnea (no breathing) which can be dangerous... which is why all anesthetized animals should have a tube going down their windpipe. It also has to be given pretty slowly. Quick recovery means... why use it to help you sleep? You will wake up as soon as the doctor stops giving it. And I don't think sleep from anesthesia is very restful... though not having been under, I wouldn't really know - anyone had surgery and can contribute to this thought? And... lorazepam, diazepam and midazolam are all in the same class of drugs. Why give them all at once? They all do roughly the same thing (with variations). They can help decrease the dose of propofol needed, for example, or smooth out the induction (if you give it too fast, animal tends to go through an excitement phase).

Sigh. I am tired about hearing about this on the radio (I listen to the hourly news summary on NPR as I drive to and from work, so twice a day... and I don't think that this really should be on the summary of the World News...)

Laurie, I love you sweety, you make me laugh everytime I see your name under another rant :)

I don't know really what to think about the whole murder thing. I would agree with manslaughter charges, being that his doctor was definitely in the wrong. Poor Michael was so messed up, maybe his death was a blessing in disguise. He can finally be at peace now. But I think the case around his death will be in the news for quite awhile, and I try to not pay too much attention to the day to day headlines, but wait to see what happens at the end of all this.

Now DJ AM - the dude that survived the plane crash with Travis Barker while 4 others died - was found yesturday dead in his apartment from an apparent overdose on prescription drugs. I just don't get it.

Now DJ AM - the dude that survived the plane crash with Travis Barker while 4 others died - was found yesturday dead in his apartment from an apparent overdose on prescription drugs. I just don't get it.

The medical term would be "survivor's guilt." It's very common.

I've had anesthesia for surgery and I did not wake up well rested. I was exhausted when I woke up, but I had also had a body part removed, and I'm sure that contributed to it. I remember it taking me hours to finally come fully awake, I just could not keep my eyes open, so I'm assuming I did not have Propofol.

It just amazes me how many celebrities end up taking their own lives because of prescription drug overdoses. Heath ledger, anna nicole smith, elvis, michael Jackson, DJ AM, and theclist goes on. It's obviously a huge problem in Hollywood, and more accountability needs to be seen on the doctors behalf. It's such a shame.

They are using the legal term homicide in that he died by hands of another, which the Dr. had given him all the different meds & so close together & Michael didn't administer the propofol himself.

It just amazes me how many celebrities end up taking their own lives because of prescription drug overdoses. Heath ledger, anna nicole smith, elvis, michael Jackson, DJ AM, and theclist goes on. It's obviously a huge problem in Hollywood, and more accountability needs to be seen on the doctors behalf. It's such a shame.

Personally, I think it's a tough life. Never any privacy, the object of many rumors, can't go anywhere without a crowd, etc.

I agree with you Carol. We all know about my obsession with Gerard Butler (or, everybody should by now anyway), but it's a nice healthy obsession, from far away. I've read in articles where he said women will throw themselves on him and sob, telling him how he changed their lives and how they must have him or they will die. The other day a dog attacked his pug, he smacked it off, now he's an animal abuser. Every small thing, every nuance of thought, every inflection in your voice - it's being judged and graded.

You have all the people wanting a piece of you. Producers, directors, casting, advertisors, fans, paparazzi, and general hangers on who shove drugs at you. How do you live with that?

Well, obviously some can't and don't. I like my little, boring life, I guess. That is why many famous people seem to fall off the face of the earth. It's their survival technique.

Back