Luna update, the saga ends. (I hope)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raindog

So as you may remember I got Luna at the end of June and she was a sick little girl. She stopped eating and lost about 80g. She went from 365g to her lowest at 282g. After many vet visits, many dollars, and many different test results I think we are finally OK. Some of the tests results included high lymphocytes = virus or cancer, high red blood cells = internal bleeding i.e. ulcer, destroyed red blood cells = autoimmune disease or mishandling of the sample. She was eating Purina Cat Chow, Carnivore Care two times a day, and meal and wax worms. She had immunity booster, B vitamins and Pepcid.

So the (hopefully) final chapter:

At the beginning of November I took her back to the vet because she stopped eating again. So more blood tests. These came back fine! Lymphocytes were fine, red blood cells were fine, I was so happy. Only one thing was off, I forget which but it showed an allergy or possibly parasites.

The vet said that we can come in and do a skin scrapping. Since Luna has shown no symptoms of parasites I decided to hold off and try again to get her on a new food. I don't want to put her through another vet visit if I don't have too. So I got her a small bag of Fromm Chicken and Veg. Guess what? Luna LOVED it! As soon as she tasted it she didn't want another bite of the Purina!

She is now off the Carnivore Care and is sloooowly gaining weight back. She was 301g this morning! She is running and playing and is generally a happy little hedgie. She is still pretty huffy and shy and prickly. She quills me on a regular basis. But she is finally healthy and I am so happy!

That's great Megan! Fingers crossed that her problems are over! Eat little piggy, eat! :)

Miss Luna, I'm so happy to hear how well you've rebounded. Keep eating your Fromm Chicken and Veggies!!! Have your mommy post pretty pictures of you :)

Back