Normal Progress?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ServantofBlueberry

I know these guys personalities differ probably more than most people I know, but just thought I would check in to see if this all seems good progress with the new little girl.

Mela has been here just at a week now, the first few days she wanted nothing to do with me, and she was not eating much past her hay every day. I was all set to take her to the doc and she began eating, so I chalked it up to the stress of the move. I couldn't even think about touching her until two nights ago, she finally let me pet her when she was sitting out of her cage, and last night she let me pick her up, even if it was only for about thirty seconds. She was looking at me very intensely last night making a chattery noise at me.... not quite sure what that was about. Thats about as far as we have gotten together. I spend about an hour talking to her every night, and she gets to come out with me in a small area I have gated off around her cage so that she cant escape and I can keep an eye on what she is doing, but she really just crawls around under the shelf on the bottom of her CN cage, she looks like a little tunnel rat haha.

Blueberry came around to us really quickly, within a week she was our best friend, and she doesn't make many noises past alarm calls when she is sleeping every once in a while ( I had no idea they could have bad dreams until this happened) So, just wondering if you guys think this is OK progress or is there something more I should be doing?

Happy Easter to you all!

Each chin is different. Some come around immediately and others can take weeks. Just take it slow with her and I'm sure she will improve over time.

Back