fur + meds = clump

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraucci

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so I apologize if so! Feel free to move/remove. Anyway, my chin is on meds via dropper and during our mild battle to administer them lol, the dropped bopped his fur and I apparently did not wipe it off like I thought. There is the tiniest clump of fur now that's slightly uh, crispy lol. I've tried to take a damp cloth to it several times since, but I clearly cannot get this area on his side. Has anyone had this happen? Will the fur eventually grow out and I shouldn't worry? Nothing crazy will happen I assume other than this one area on him not being soft and lovely for now lol, right? Thank you in advance as always!

The fur will eventually shed out, they go through a shedding cycle about every 3-6 months so depending on when the last shedding was it could be up to 6 months. You can also try combing it out with a fine toothed or flea comb, or gently try to tug out the fur if you really want to.

So I'm not being super neglectful and the worst mom ever?! lol yeah I tried to gently tug, but as soon as he realized that was why my fingers were approaching, he voted a hard no about the situation lol. I'm surprised he's now just casually approaching the meds to take them and I don't need to sneak scoop him up and hold him.

Thank you!

Back