Hay holders and fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

What do you find works best for holding hay?
I don't like throwing it on the cage floor because he's more likely to pee on it. I used one of those cheap wooden ones forever ago and he chewed the **** out of it, keeping me awake. I've also tried fleece, but I'm undecided how I want to make it if that's the way I go.

Speaking of fleece... Who all sells liners? I know there's Fleece for Furries, QualityMutationChinchilla sells them. I want to compile a list in case I have any specific fabric that I am looking for. :]

There was a thread earlier this year about hay holders... http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47555&highlight=holder that should give you some ideas.
Honestly, I've seen other people use fleece for hay holding, but I would think it would be a pain with hay constantly getting stuck/woven into it. Getting all the hay off the fleece liners before putting them in the wash is pain enough sometimes.

I didn't like using fleece but it worked okay.

I just bought a bowl today so I'm going to try that. When I was shopping, I saw a ceramic/metal feeder and hay holder combo thing. The others are plastic or metal so I considered giving that a try, but I opted for the cheaper bowl instead. If he doesn't like it, I'll try the ceramic holder. The best part is that it can hold both the leafy alfalfa and the longer pieces. :]

I still need a list of people who sell fleece liners, since I'm lazy and can't be bothered to do it myself anymore Lol.

Back