Looking to buy 2 chins.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnackSize

Hi, i'm new to this forums and after a lot of research i was hoping to buy a couple young chinchillas. I live in Canada, Halifax ,Nova Scotia to be specific. I couldn't find any breeders in the province and i am not really sure where i could buy them. Is there any sites that sell, or would getting them shipped to me be an option. Any help appreciated thanks! : )

You could always look on Kijiji, lately people have been posting ads for chinchillas who have already been caged together for a long period of time. But honestly, I think you should look into adopting a chinchilla from a shelter or a humane society. They're all over canada. a little over a week ago, I got my first ever chinchilla Gizmo from a humane society in canada, and he costed $40 to adopt. Of course the cost of Gizmo himself was NOTHING compared to food expenses/cage/treats/toys/wheel/etc.

A lot of chinchillas get sent to shelters because people get them, and then dont know how to take care of them. Gizmo was sitting in the shelter for 2-3 months before we snatched him up, and he's such a happy little guy. On the first day he was cooing and letting us pet him and he would come up to us in the cage and stand up on his hind legs because he wanted attention (more specifically wanted out to play). We pushed our luck, and let him out (monitored and chin proofed the area), and he was bouncing off the walls and climbed on us to let us pet him. Honestly I think we got really lucky with Gizmo, he's such a wonderful little animal. It's funny because at the humane society/shelter he was almost considered to be a "problem chinchilla". me and my husband laugh at that every time.

But really, in my own personal opinion, you should first look into adopting from a shelter. Gizmo is 1 yr 2 months old, so we got him young. Not guaranteed all chinchillas in shelters are young of course. I searched google and I saw a couple shelters in the area youre mentioning, so you should really check it out.

Back