Chinchilla scared not eating

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJAMCBOO

Hi! So yesterday at 5pm I came into the room and my niece was shaking my chinchillas cage. I let him out a little later and he went into the corner and wouldn't come out for 4 hours. I went near him and realized he must be scared because i could smell and feel the pee. He wnt under the bed eventually for an other 5 hours and now is back in his cage. He ate a couple treats and drank some water but thats it. Ive never seen him so still when he was out, would look under the bed hours later and hes awake in the same position just staring off into space. Im worried his right eye might be bothering him the vet said it was fine in January but it is 70% clouded now. I can't get any appointment until Monday and am waiting to see if **** eat today to make it because its been almost 24 hours now with only 3 treats. All this behavior is very out of character. He is 3 years old and stays in my room with me we chill / play all the time but now he seems to ignore/ be scared of me. please help

Sounds like he is terrified - I would shake the niece (not too hard). I hope she is not allowed in your room again. Take the chin to the vet on Monday to be sure he is ok

Back