Our chin is very sick

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckaChin

Dear friends, for last few days we are having the battle for life or death with out loving chinchilla.

Is there anything we can do to help her.

It' female chinchilla six years old, saved from a chinchilla farm. She is with us since then and never had any healt issues till now.

We have notice that she is getting big under her neck and front legs, at first we thougt it is fat because she is eating much but it seems that it is not.

Also we noticed that she is not peeing anything and also doing just a little poop.

We took her to vet, but all vets we have here have no experience with chins, they do an x-ray and said that she has enlarged heart and edema in neck area with suspicious in liquidotorax.

iDSbE1.jpg

They threat her with edemid 40 mg, two times daily 1/8 of the pill.

You can see an x-ray picture in the attachment.

Attachments

• viber image.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 46
I am so sorry to hear that your furbaby is not doing well. You did the right thing by taking her to the vet, even if no one in your area had experience with chinchillas. Just because they haven't had experience with them, it's better than nothing. Definitely keep a close eye on her, hopefully other chin owners on this forum could help out a little more than I can. Praying for her! <3

Sorry about your chin. Sorry I don't know how to read x-rays. Ticklechin, Tunes or someone else with experience can help you. Good luck. If you have facebook there are a lot of chin forums where you can ask.

Back