Chinchilla cage questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I have a standard gray chinchilla named Gandalf who I've had since birth and is now 3 years old. I currently have a double level ferret nation style cage (off brand from Amazon) the grated floors are covered with cardboard with fleece attached to cover that, I like that better than when I had the bottom floor completely covered in bedding but it still is tedious to remove and clean. I would rather have some sort of permanent floor system preferably a steel material of some sort that way I can just shop vac and wipe the floors. She is potty trained to pee in a glass baking pan with bedding so that won't be a problem. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as how to go about this or any other alternatives that worked for them?

How about ceramic tiles? A lot of people put them in the bottom of their cages, especially with litter trained chins. Easy to clean, keeps them cool as well.

That's a good idea, I was doing a lot of inspiration searching online today and saw someone else doing that. I like the idea of the bass cage pans but I'm not sure if they'll do custom orders because I have a cage with different dimensions than the ferret nations.

I like the idea of the bass cage pans but I'm not sure if they'll do custom orders because I have a cage with different dimensions than the ferret nations.

They will. Send em an email or call them and talk to them about it. I had custom pans made for a cage recently as well.

Aloha!!

I agree, ceramic tile! I don't mind the bass pan idea, but they are spendy. More so than 6 sq. ft of tile from Home Depot at least!

~ Tina

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I ended up getting custom bass pans that I'm currently waiting for. Probably going to film a cage tour/review once they come.

Back