Super Bowl Recipes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sugarmama

Go Steelers! :D :D :D

So, with all the Super Bowl Snacking on Sunday, I thought it would be nice to share some yummy recipes.

This one is a family favorite, served with Tortilla chips.

Susan's Salsa

1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 lb. Velveeta
16 oz. can tomato sauce
1 bunch green onion, chopped or cut with scissors
1 envelope powdered chili mix (mild or hot, your choice)
4 oz. can of chopped green chilis

Brown and drain hamburger. Mix all the ingredients in an oven-safe bowl or casserole dish, and bake @250 for 45 mins, until cheese is all melted, stirring occasionally.

You can also make this in the microwave to save time. I usually cut up the Velveeta into chunks so it melts faster.

I forgot to mention a yummy but inexpensive snack--taking Doritos and sprinkling shredded cheese on them, and then baking them just long enough to melt the cheese.

Soooo yummy, and if you want you can serve them with salsa, refried beans, sour cream, etc.

Sorry Susan but go Cardinals!

I'm making Stuffed Mushroom Dip
30 Triscuit Thin Crisps Parmesan Garlic
1 Tbsp butter
1 lb fresh mushrooms finely chopped
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (I buy already minced from the grocery store)
2 Tbsp 100% Grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp reduced fat of lite sour cream

Crush up crackers in baggie (use a rolling pin or get your kid to do it!)
Melt butter in large fry pan on med/high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and red bell pepper. Saute about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is evaporated--stir occassionally. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cracker crumbs, cheese and sour cream until blended well.
Serve with additional Parmesan Garlic Thin Crisps.

It should make about 2 cups of dip--serve this warm or luke warm not cold.

heres a recipes that i love to make, its easy and goes great with tortilla chips,
and football :p

-nacho dip-

-1 package cream cheese
-1 can Hormel chili
-bag of shredded cheddar cheese

all you have to do is soften the cream cheese and spread in a microwave safe dish.
then poor the can of chili over that and spread evenly, and sprinkel the shredded cheese on top,
microwave untill cheese is melted, about 5 mins depending on size of dish and microwave, and there ya go,

note- you may need more or less of cream cheese and chili depending on size of dish you use :)

Back