Ejaculate on mouth?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleechinlover512

Hello everyone! Recently my male chinchilla Rocky has had some strange crusting around his cheek near his mouth. At first I was very worried and thought something might be wrong with him but my sister in law suggested that it was probably semen or ejaculate. Anyone else have a problem like this? The substance is whitish in color and normally matts into the fur and crusts over as hard as cement. I normally leave it alone until it loosens up enough to pull out but it does pull some fur and sometimes even a whisker or two with it. I am just worried that it could be something more than just ejaculate and wanted to know if I should take him to see a vet or if this is a common problem with some male chins. Thank you all!

At least he cleaned his penis before it stuck to his belly fur, that is a nightmare to remove, warm water and a scissors with steady hands takes care of it. Some boy chins are just that way. The semen is chinchilla super glue.

Back