Blood in urine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good then. Most likely it's a straight up bladder infection that the antibiotics should take care of. Phew!

well, for the moment everything seems to be as taken care of as i can. I haven't seen the blood in a few weeks now. I had another urinalysis done after the antibiotics ran there course. Vet just called saying they didn't see anything wrong other then some crystals that were present. Said they can lead to stones in the bladder eventually and to try to make sure his drinking plenty. Other then that, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

So im hoping within a week to have him back to sharing his cage with his soon. They both are not fond of being separated to half the cage. And the son houdini who used to never even want to come to the front of the cage with me there will now run up and jump right out in to my lap as soon as i open the doors. - Planning on doing it during there next sand bath out of the cage. I need to clean down chico metal tray with vinegar first, so it seems like an opportune time.

Short of holding him and using a syringe, is there any way to make/intise them to drink more? Or a safe way to flavor the water? I know chico loved to get his cherry flavored meds, so made a cherry flavor water? (if there is a safe way to do that)

To be honest, I don't think they even need to be separated at this point.

Not sure about flavouring water though... maybe someone else will have some input.

Glad the lil guy is doing well :)

the probably dont need to be separated. But i wanted to wait until i was sure. Now im just waiting a few days because i want to sanitize down chicos metal tray. Since this whole thing started, hes been using that to pee all over and ignoring the litter box. So it needs a cleaning.

So i figured ill let em out to get a dust bath together while i take out the tray and clean it down. When its time to go back in there cage, they both can return together to a full cage.

well, i clean down his tray today while they were out in the little playpen today. When i was done i let them have a sand bath. Then they finally returned to a full cage; no longer separated. Of course they were more interested in the fresh food had just put in there lol

maybe not... /sigh

woke up today and found very small puddles of urine all around the cage that was reddish. But it was dried in so it was hard to tell if it was blood red or just that dark color it can be sometimes.

sob...

I separated chico and his son again because i noticed someone wasn't eating. (Turns out neither are eating much pellets.) But the next day i noticed a string of dried blood from down where his son houdini was isolated. No cuts or lashes on him. No dried and ripped skin on his paws or feet.

... here we go again...

Back