Lovebird bit my chins foot

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crys12065

I'm dumb, I had the birds out while cleaning Delilah's cage. My lovie got in the cage and bit Delilah's toe. I tried to find the wound but can only see blood. Is there anything I should do for itor put on it? She was running on her wheel and chewing on her toys so I assume she is ok? But it must be sore, poor baby.
I feel so bad, I wasn't paying attention but my lovebird has never attempted to get in her cage before.
20141213_124608_zpsrchklpiu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20141213_124426_zps3z48sknz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Most likely it may not be that serious - if it's a little cut, she'll be fine - I'd trim down the fur on her foot so you can see the injury better and put some blu-kote on the wound. I'd suggest keeping an eye on her to see if her behavior changes -if it does, I'd take her to the vet.

Ok so I didn't realize this stuff stains, I got the spray and as I am home alone I attempted to put it on a squirming chin myself and she moved mid spray and I got her in the side of the face, I checked her eye out in case some got in it but she isn't messing with it and it's not watering. She's eating treats and hopping around her cage and spraying me because she's pissed at mom, so I think she's ok, she's just purple now as are my hands. Any way to get it off my hands? All the tractor place had was the spray one, I didn't think it was actually purple. This is such a disaster, ughhhh.

imagejpg1_zps516b0381.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Aww poor Delilah :(
Sounds frustrating for you too! Hope she's feeling better soon <3

There isn't really a way to get blu-kote immediately off your hands but in my experience it'll come off naturally in a day or two, maybe more. It'll take longer for her fur, but isn't harmful. She's pretty cute in purple! ^_^ Hope she's feeling better.

It'll wear off eventually, both on your hands and Delilah. If you need to use it in the future, you can spray it on a q-tip or cotton ball and apply it that way.

Back