Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Health & Hygiene
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Health & Hygiene Anything to do with the health or hygiene of a chinchilla - post it here!

Old 11-23-2018, 05:31 PM United States

Chinchillas: 4
Default Hair Loss

I have a 1 year old chinchilla that started with hair thinning on the tip of his nose. It hasn't been red or flaky. He also hasn't been itching it and is acting normal and eating and drinking normally. I took him to the vet and had the ringworm test done and it came back negative for ringworm. The vet said his teeth are good and is in good health.

He did manage to come in contact with another chin and he has hair loss on his nose now. His hair started to thin a couple days after the contact. Hair is growing at the base of his nose but he his losing hair further up his nose. The other 2 chins are fine so it seems to be only a contact thing.

I have cleaned there cages with hot soapy water. They all have their own cages. Not sure where to go from here.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:08 PM United States

Chinchillas: 1
Default Hair loss on nose

So my chinchilla has had ringworm in the past, and he began to lose fur on his nose. I took him to the vet and he was given meds and it went away after a few weeks. Fast forward a couple months later to now, I just noticed he has begun to lose fur on his nose again. It doesn’t look irritated or too red, but there is a little little scab. Could this be something other than ringworm?