Bare chin skin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaeway

Scurries!!!
Ok, so Moche decided to jump over/in the cat's water dish :banghead: and then roll in his dust bath. I tried to clean him as best I could, but he ended up with some pretty good mud mats on his tummy. Ok, three and just one that I couldn't cut out. He chewed and rolled for several days and now he got it out, but he has a quarter size bare patch. Do I need to do anything for him or is it like fur slipping and will be just fine? :confused: When I say do anything, I mean lotions cremes or fungus watch. His skin is nice and healthy looking and I wouldn't have seen the spot but when he's being a beggar he stretches all the way up and shoves his nose out the wire in his cage, so you can see the spot. If I hold him on his back I have to hunt for it there is so much fur there. I'm just being overly worried I'm sure, but better safe than sorry.

You could put some blukote on it just in case since it did get wet but it does sound like he just scratched it off/fur slip. When Loki had his eye infection the meds would mat his fur around his eyes and he eventually just scratched it off and new fur came in right after. Now you can't even tell.

I have a very large herd improvement male that hardly turns in his dust pan. So his hair is always knotting and hard to keep up with him. I had to comb and pull out a large knot he had. I had a bare spot about 2 inches in diameter. The fur will grow back. I have never treated him for bare skin.

Ok, cool. And I think I just found out how he got wet...he stands on his hay box and tries to chew his water bottle so the spigot is rubbing on his chest right where he had the mat!!! What a goober. I'll have to move that...

That sounds like a good idea :) humidity/water are perfect conditions for fungal growth

They are such trouble makers! Take care

Back