I couldn't have imagined this loss

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aakopec1

Last night I let myself be distracted by a video for 6 minutes while I let my chinchilla play in his seemingly chin proofed room. When I looked up I didn't see him anywhere. He had managed to move the barrier to the kitchen enough to squeeze through. It took me another couple minutes to figure that out and a few more to find the hole in the wall behind my dishwasher.

I live in an apartment complex and had no idea where he could get from their. I found a crawl space where I could get under the building to Look for him. To my disbelief I found him and he was alive and well. He let me get close but never close enough to get him into his bath house. Eventually he jumped into a section that I did not know was filled with water until I heard him splashing in it. I got to it as fast as I could but it was too late.

I knew I should have been watching him. I had no idea this could happen. I'd give anything to go back and keep a proper eye on him, make that barrier more effective, and fix that hole. This has affected me so much more than I thought it could.

I will miss you, Meucci. You were the seweetest, most playful chin and the best theripist I've had.

Poor little guy.. Hope you're okay too :(

This is why I have never been comfortable with letting my chins run around in the bathroom/kitchen. They have their own room now as my bedroom was just getting trashed.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I would never have willingly let him run around the kitchen. He wasn't supposed to be able to get to the kitchen.

Back