Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Health & Hygiene
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Health & Hygiene Anything to do with the health or hygiene of a chinchilla - post it here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:56 PM United States
Pro Cage Cleaner Champion

Chinchillas: 240+

Oh man, Brittany...I am so sorry. I am sure he didn't feel it very long at all - that type of injury probably took away all the pain pretty fast. That's so sad and I am very sorry that you had to see that.

http://chinstore.azchins.com
Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 AM United States
I like dinosaurs :3

Chinchillas: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChins View Post
Oh man, Brittany...I am so sorry. I am sure he didn't feel it very long at all - that type of injury probably took away all the pain pretty fast. That's so sad and I am very sorry that you had to see that.
Thank you Susan. He has a memorial page in the chin chat area if you want to check it out. I miss him terribly
But it's good to know for sure that he didn't feel anything
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM United States
Administrator/Owner

Chinchillas: 300'

I have to disagree with that Susan. I can't believe that the chin felt nothing when it was stepped on by a full sized adult. Was it done on purpose? No, I'm sure it wasn't, and I understand your wanting to make Brittney feel better about it, but stating that the chin felt absolutely no pain just doesn't ring true for me, especially given the fact that he seized violently before he died.

As far as this thread in general, I've had several people comment on the appropriateness of things discussed within it. I think what was said thus far is okay, even though some of it is upsetting to some of our members, but I also think it's been discussed enough. Children read this as well as pet owners who may feel overwhelmed with the information given here, so I think everything has pretty much been covered that needs to be and I'm going to go ahead and shut it down.

I appreciate everyone who gave information here, and I am going to stick the thread for those who want to know about euthanasia. I just think it doesn't need to continually come up under new posts.

Closed Thread