I caught the cooties.. is Phoenix at risk?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aneesa's Muse

My husband is sick again ...he always catches gross stuff from people at work and doing community work. Every strain of cold, flu, stomach virus.. all that.. he gets it. Fortunately, I usually stay clear and avoid catching his cooties ..I think I have germ'aphobia :p

Anyhoo.. I seem to be presenting with some colorful stuff now, and I am concerned that Phoenix or the girls can pick this up from me. Phoenix, especially, does NOT need to be sick ..he's still small/low weight, but gaining ..and he's been compromised a lot in his past. The girls, on the otherhand, big heifers.. LOL ...they could probably handle a little sniffle, if they could catch it from me.

Are they at risk? What can I do to prevent contaminating them, if they are?

Thanks.. and yes, I am aware that I am a worrywart... but I feel it's better to know these things than to let them fall by the wayside without ever asking for clarification :)

If I feel anything I have is respiratory related I stay as clear from the chinnies as I can. If you have to feed them make sure your hands are clean, put something over your mouth and get in and out.

Thank you!

I wash up between all the "kids" ..and I have masks here.. I'll grab one! ;)

Back