WI chin events

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenda

MCBA & ECBC Member
I have the dates for a spring seminar (possibly show) and our Fall show set for next year. Mark your calenders now - the fall show date is different next year due to another party booking my date at the hall. :(
Spring event - April 28
Fall MCBA show - Oct 13

Both events will be at the Legion Hall in Barneveld as before.

BUMMER!!!

What about the Troll Festival???

Oh, well, the 13th will have to do...my birthday is the 15th, so that will be my present!!! ;)

Hopefully, there won't be a big football game that day and I can get into Madison...

I know! I was really bummed when I called the guy and he said he had already booked a wedding on our day. We've only had that day for 7 years now and he knew which weekend I wanted right away. Booger...
Oh well - hard to say right now if I will have the shop open at that point in time anyway. Keep your fingers crossed the next month is really good.
I haven't heard if next year's football schedules are out yet - I'll keep you posted! lol

Nothing has been decided yet as to a seminar or field day, but there are some ideas and options being kicked around right now. Doing a bit more research and need more info before I can say for sure. I'll keep you posted. :)

Hoping for a very educational and fun-filled field day! If Gene would commit to judging and not worry about the car show, ROFL!! We will keep you updated, but if anyone has some super creative ideas POST! :)

I'll for sure wanna come for both hehehe. Maybe just maybe I'll bring my new bv, but he'll be at the 7 month mark :( so he can't do the baby judge. Brenda, I'll volunteer to do ribbons again lol.

Looks like we are good-to-go for a field day! Gene Adcock has agreed to judge and do a "meet the judge" session for new exhibitors an hour prior to the show. We are also going to have Gene select a Supreme Grand Show Champion from the GSC standard and GSC mutation, and explain to the audience the complexities of comparing standards to mutes. Guests will be allowed to join Gene behind the table for a class or two (depending on interest): more details on how to take advantage of that awesome learning experience coming in the near future!

I am already pondering raffle items...:)

Cat - Field Days are informal events designed to educate and usually do not require that participants have their animals tagged. Brenda or Wendy correct me if I am wrong.

No ear tags required at the field day, but if anyone is interested in having their chin tagged I'm sure we can provide some "expert assistance" to do so!

Good question! :)

WOO HOO!!! I just saw the Wisconsin football schedule -- they'll be out of town at Purdue on the 13th!!! I should be able to get a flight into Madison this year!!! :thumbsup:

ETA: I'm over the Gnome motel. This year I would like to stay at the Deer Valley Lodge and share a room, since the prices are much higher. $129/Friday and $139/Saturday for 2 queen beds.

Any nonsmoking, non axe murderer females interested??? Let me know... :crossfingers:

Last edited:
Missed my edit, sorry.

Brenda, I wonder if you could talk to them about a special group rate for a block of rooms for the weekend of the show since its so much closer to the Legion Hall and much nicer (according to Sandi) than the Gnome. More/better amenities, too!!!

Missed my edit, sorry.

Brenda, I wonder if you could talk to them about a special group rate for a block of rooms for the weekend of the show since its so much closer to the Legion Hall and much nicer (according to Sandi) than the Gnome. More/better amenities, too!!!
We love the water park there and we would stay there if the rate was a little lower.

I have asked them before about a group rate and they told me they wouldn't do it, but I will check again.

Brenda, is the October 13 show set in stone??? I just found an airfare for only $242!!! Just wanted to check before I booked it

Back