Unusual change in attitude

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snacko

My baby girl has never been the one to bite you (unless you smelled like a treat, or cliping her nails) But as the season grows on, she seems to have a very unusual change in her moods. Recently we had a hibernation scare and made the steps as instructed that i did research on before i got her. She never bit, was naturally curious, and never so much as balled up even the slightest unless you truely scared her, but lately she has been very grumpy, will not let you hold her and if you do so, she will ball up. I really cannot seem to figure out why that is, She has been biting excessively as well. I would like to assume that it is the change in climate, but indoors, there has been no climate, nor enviornmental changes. I want my sweet loveable baby back. Somebody please give me an idea on what to do!

:cry3:

Remind me, how old is she? Depending on her age, she might be going through quilling... or a second round of quilling if she's had her first already.

Hmm... probably not quilling them. Some do go through a quilling around 12 months.

Other than checking to ensure that there's not a bigger picture going on (like if she's eating more/less than usual, drinking more/less than usual, changed her activity level, etc...), I'd think that with it getting cooler out and the air getting drier, she may be starting to experience a bit of dry skin.

Back