Ate plastic

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

I feel like a terrible chin mom. Two days ago Tiquita ate the clicky top of a pen. I gave her some gas drops as a precaution thinking, it might help in case trying to pass the plastic caused gas. Well, she bit the tip of the syringe off yesterday! She's still eating and acting normally. I was hoping to get input on how long I should be watching her poops? Anyone know how long it will take to pass or how long until I see signs of blockage if it were to go that route? Do you think she'll be in the clear by friday? I'll be leaving town early Friday morning and won't be back until after midnight. Any suggestions on helping her digest/pass the plastic?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It normally take less then 24 hours for something to pass though the chinchilla. So if after 24 hours she is still acting normal, no signs of a problem, it probably passed though and was pooped out. You could also try just cleaning up her poop and watching for the plastic too if you are worried and hopefully see it in the poop. Plastic is not digestible so it either gets stuck or pooped out.

That's what I was hoping to hear. It's been 24hrs. I think she chewed it really well because I haven't seen it in her poop, but she is acting normal. Thank you.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Back