Chinchilla suddenly became aggressive

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tokioi

Hi all, I've had my male chinchilla two years now. A few months ago (4 or 5) I adopted another male who is about ten. My younger guy is being incredibly aggressive towards me and other people. He's completely fine with the other male (they regularly have playtime but don't yet share cages). The younger chin lunges, bites and chatters his teeth whenever I go near him. The only thing I can think of is that he is angry at me for giving him some eye drops the vet prescribed. Any help with this would be amazing, I just want my Oaks to keep attacking me :(

chins can be quite touchy some times, and will react when something like a new chin shows up. They will need time to adjust.
And if one is being aggressive, even if its just towards you, i probably wouldnt let them come in any contact with each other at all. They can cause bad damage to one another very quickly. And if one is already being aggressive some times, then you dont want to chance it.

Do you have the other chins' scent on you when you're going to his cage? I've found with mine that how they react to other chins out of the cage is not necessarily how they react to (what they think is) them in their cage.

Back