Help! My Hedgie Keeps Getting Out

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate5000x

The Cage Is Two Totes With A PVC Pipe Connecting Them. The Top Of The PVC Pipe Is Blocked Off. I Have Blocked Off The House In Fear She Was Going Under It Yet She Still Got Out. I Have Attached Pictures Of Both Totes. Has Anyone Else Had Similar Problems?

Hmm... pics aren't showing up for me :(

A couple thoughts without seeing pics:
- perhaps she's able to nudge the pvc pipe in such a way that leaves a gap between the tube and the totes. You could get something like this http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1276796 to ensure there aren't gaps between the two and that she can't re-position things as she pleases. I used a similar product when I had to create a nebulizer box for Satin and Texie (ie, a plastic bin divided in two down the center) - the product held the center wall in place so they couldn't get at each other.
- she's a climber and getting out over the tote walls - either by stretching far, hooking her little front paws on the edge and pulling herself up or by moving things in her cage and climbing on them to get out.

Back