Question on shaking.......

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sugarmama

:confused:

Last night, I was holding Sprinkle and Bonnie up by my neck, one on each side of me. Sprinkle started to shake. I mean, his feet didn't move, but his body just quivered. A very short time later, he...erm.....annointed me. And I don't mean hedgehog annointing!:p

I've never seen Sprinkle like this, but he just recently reached his manhood so I'm not familiar with teenage chinboys. I put him back in his cage, and he continued....cleaning himself.....for quite some time. Is this a normal thing for boy chins? :eek:

It was quite embarrassing for my daughter to walk into the chinroom and see him like that! I heard, "SPRINKLE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? EWWW! STOP THAT!" LOL...she's ten.:eek:

Binx "cleans" himself often too. He doesn't have any hairrings, so I have no clue why he could be doing it other than the teen years.

They are going to constantly clean themselves. That is so they DON"T get hair rings. It's the ones that don't do it enough and end up with a hiar ring you need to worry about. It's just nature.

The shaking thing.... If your talking about some white creamy stuff that came out on you.... Then I think he REALLY likes you!!!! I've heard of some chins that have humped and *ahem* finished on humans, but I've personally never witnessed it unless they were mating with a female.

And, of course, it helped that the lovely Bonnie was right next door. :)

He got a little excited there Sug and.....uh.....had a diurnal emission. (Hedgwench? Does that make sense??)

That's what I was aiming for.

Uh, that's what I was trying to express.

I mean, that's what I MEANT!

*whistles innocently*

at least I didn't compare it to a giant loofah.....

*gasp* someone mentioned the giant loofah! I was gonna start a thread but didn't have any new pictures. So... maybe I'll go take some pictures of my giant loofahs ;)

omygosh you guys are hilarious!

I can atest to a boy who doesn't clean himself often enough. and almost everytime i've checked him he has a hair ring. Now if only his mate would let me comb her....

I am so glad my chinchillas think I am unattractive. I told marshall the other day it is better to get sprayed then to have a VERY friendly male interested in you.

I am so glad my chinchillas think I am unattractive. I told marshall the other day it is better to get sprayed then to have a VERY friendly male interested in you.

I've seen Kristy get sprayed and she just wiped her hand and kept talking like nothing happened at all. That was at the Barneveld show where everyone was too chicken to take that bad tempered chin out of it's travel cage.

And how did we get from a "shaking" chin to "Giant Loofahs"? Withdrawls? Maybe human ears are attractive to young male chins!

Last edited:
Hey...atleast you know something likes you *GRIN*

Marshall won't touch any of my whites because he knows one sprayed him but doesn't remember which one (it was lucky she sprays everyone.....I remember;))

Back