usda question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_Pig

So i have a friend who has hedgies and i have told her she needs to be usda licensed if she planned to breed. She apperantly bred her females recently but she is only usda licensed to show her animals. I was reading that she would be a class c but it says she needs to be a class a on http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/usda.shtml. she told another friend of mine who asked her if she was licensed to breed that all she has to do is fill out paperwork for anything she breeds and it would be okay? Just curious if this makes scense? She states she is a rescue and has even "rescued" chinchillas from me even though i donated them for her for her educational program. She "rescued" 2 female hedgies from a breeder in ohio with the intent to breed them..... sorry if there is any miss-spellings or grammet. Sent from my phone...

Read that site. It tells you what you have to do for maintaining a class A license which is needed for breeding if you have more than 3 females. You don't fill out paperwork for just individual animals. All your animals must be vet checked yearly and properly housed with food and bedding properly stored and all of this is inspected.

Thank you akane. But im asking if a class 'c' license can breed and sell hedgies. I have a friend under class 'c' license breeding and she will be selling but i thought only class 'a' could. She said she could and it was okay but i cannot find anywhere where it says a class 'c' can breed and sell. She said as long as she registers the litters she is okay.

I'm not sure if hedgies are different but I believe we have the class a license for chinchillas. And that allows us to sale what we breed; privately or wholesale.

Class C is an exhibitor's license. To breed and sell your own animals you need a Class A license, assuming your breeding operation is of sufficient size.

Back