Still Thinking of You, Sweet Pea.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EyeSack

So, it's been almost a year now, and I still find myself crying when I think of my Sweet Pea. She really truly did much more for me than she'll ever know, and without her in my life, I feel like I have a void in my soul. Anyway, I've written a poem to try to get these feelings out, and tomorrow I'll be giving a commemorative speech about her for my public speaking 101 course. I hope I don't cry.

Title: I Still Miss You.
You weren't just a filler for the emptiness inside
When I think of you I wonder how many more nights that I'll cry
You brought me peace and love that no one else could ever understand
And as you laid there slipping away all I could do was hold your hand
I still miss you.

I sold my soul for something else and you still loved me so
And when I realized what I had it was already your time to go
Always and forever you'll hold a special place
And I'll remember you kissing me through the tears now on my face
I still miss you.

My life will never ever be the same
Because of you I value the priceless things in life
I don't fear love, and I won't feel shame.
Because of you my life's been given a better name.
I still miss you Sweet Pea.

IMG_0300.jpg

I can't wait till fall because I am going to get another hedgie. I can't live alone anymore.

What a great poem!
So sorry for your loss.Rest well Sweet Pea. She knows how much you love her...

What a sweet poem, and good luck with your public speaking class. Don't worry if you cry - it's a subject still very close to your heart, and it's okay to show those emotions. For what it's worth, you will see her again someday. When it's your turn to cross over, Sweet Pea will be waiting for you. You were her special human and despite everything that may have happened while she was sharing her life with you, she loves you unconditionally.

What a wonderful poem and tribute to your hedgie. I hope that when you get your new hedgie that some of your pain will turn into happiness.

Back