Silver Surfer

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiaismypet

Hi.

I was planning on getting Chin Spin, but shipping was way too expensive. The only wheel that has good pricing to Canada is the Silver Surfer. I really don't want a loud wheel. Is it loud and does it last? Is it a good investment as I did save up this money for a while I would like to make sure I get a good wheel. =)
Oh ya, and is it okay that it's 14"?

Thanks!!!

I have one as its the only decent chin wheel available here.

In terms of if its quiet yes, as long as you fit it well and put something sound absorbing (but thin between it and the cage bars).

I'm happy with mine and the boys go nuts on it which is great.

It depends on the cage you put it in. I have one in a quality cage and find it loud as it really rattles the cage but in the ferret nation it is better and not as loud. That said, you can hear any wheel with a hard core runner!

i have a silver surfer wheel i a FN cage. I had to hang it kind of on a angle (the 2 hooks that attach it to the cage are not on the same row of bars. sounds odd but it works. i should really attach a pic!) BUT it is quiet unless LIly starts running on it realy fast, then it bangs a little bit. i figured out how to solve the problem (put something between the hook and cage bars) but ive been lazy LOL but it can be done!

I have two and I hate them. After about six months they became extremely noisy. I prefer the Flying Saucer. Worth the long term investment. I am about to junk my Silver Surfers.

Hmm, I got one of those plastic flying saucers back when I didn't know how bad they were. Don't worry it's been gone now for a while.. She HATED the flying saucer. She wouldn't even sit on it. Although when I had the other plastic wheel not flying saucer she used it whenever she could. I would get the flying saucer, since it's much easier for Canadians too, but she doesn't like them. :( I think i'll just save up more and get the ChinSpin. Hopefully she still likes wheels!!!

as stated the plastic flying saucer is NOTHING like the metal one. NO chin that I know of wil use the plastic one. However all my chins love the metal flying saucer

Back