Houdini's surgery

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

Took chico to the vet for his eye again today. But i brought Houdini as well since he needed a new bottle of metacam and to be seen again before going through with his surgery for his bladder stone.

I mentioned before that houdini had lost about 115 grams in weight. Hes eating and drinking some but not as much as he should be (obviously). And they're concerned about possible kidney and liver issues considering. They said that right now hes rly not a good candidate for surgery in terms of survival. - However imo given his recent down turn he cant wait much longer to get the surgery anyway before things get rly bad for him.

For now i got more metacam for pain/discomfort. Daily dose; im hoping will allow him to eat and drink more. And a new package of critical care to hand feed him with. Try at the very least to hold his current weight, if not gain some. Also some antibiotics in case of any possible infection. Dont want to operate on him if he has one.

His surgery is scheduled atm for july 20th. Hopefully he will be rid of any possible infection, and put on some weight before that day. His odds arnt the greatest atm

I'm sorry to hear about Houdini. Hopefully everything works out. It has been days since you posted this, has the metacam helped with his eating or drinking? How old is Chico and Houdini? I had a hamster named Houdini. way way back. first night he broke out of the cardboard box in the car on the way home, and I said to myself... I shall call you Houdini. and that was not the last time he broke out. The cage I had at the time was a good size, and had all these extra holes to build off of. had these caps for the holes that you turn to the right to lock, and Houdini would bite cap from inside, and turn it, and he would break out in the middle of night. There was also times he got out, and I couldn't figure out how he did? haha, I swear he was Harry Houdini reincarnated.

Oh i know that feeling. I had no idea my girl was pregnant at the time. So i never new houdini was even born. He escaped form his cage and hid under my refrigerator! It was only because i let my ferrets out that night that i found out. My ferret zoey found him!

Houdini rly hates the critical care. I had no luck at all trying to force feed him any. But when i went to order something from fuzzieskingdom they suggested i try essentials for life. And houdini loves that stuff. I think now hes become dependent on it tho. Favoring that over his regular food. But considering he dropped from 525 to 391g ill worry about weening him off of it another time. I just want him to eat. I check yesterday and it was the first time he had put on some weight. He was up to 406.8 i think it was. So as long as he is gaining weight for now, im happy. - Ill call the vet tonight and probably cancel his surgery for now. Its the 16th and its scheduled for the 20th. He wont have gained enough in that short a time.

I'm glad you ordered the Essentials for Life. Any time I have had to hand feed, mine choose that over the CC every time. I'm glad to see that he is gaining weight too. Hopefully that upward trend will continue.

I have always wanted a ferret, ever since I seen the movie beastmaster, as a kid. Kodo and Podo. On my 13th birthday my Mother's boyfriend surprised me with a ferret. I was so so happy, until my Mother came home from work and freaked out and made him take it back. He came back with a dog. I was so happy! until my Mother made him take that back as well. =(
haha he showed back up with a kitten. That kitten was so hyper and crazy so I called him Taz, like the Tasmanian devil. My Mother didn't like the idea of having another cat in the house, but became cool about it as time went on. I had to give Taz away when I moved. and my first cat(Cocoa) had lived to the age of 23. she was my first Birthday gift.

Back