Weening off critical care

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinduster

I have a 4 year old chin who couldnt close his mouth due to elongated molars. He went in twice over 2 weeks to get them trimmed. His last trimming was last wednesday. He has been on critical care and meloxicam since his trimming. He loves the critcal care but im having trouble having him switch to pellets (hard or softened) or hay. Ive been trying to transition from critical care to my own mixture of finely ground pellets/timothy hay/botanical hay/alfalfa hay. I can get him to eat a 50/50 mixture but he wont really touch anything else (wont touch 75 own mixture/25 critical care). Any suggestions? He'll eat the mixture either out of his cage off my hand or in a small dish in his cage.

i dont rly have an answer to that, i jsut wanted to say that in part i admire having the issue of them liking CC to much. All of mine hated it to the point i couldnt rly feed it to them!

Im not sure how a trimming effects them, but if its still hurting them then they will not want to eat something like the hard pellets due to the pressure/pain it would put on them.

Back