What is it?

• Thread starter PetProductsByNature
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks tasty whatever you end up naming it! I would add hardware to both ends (top and bottom) and hang/pull it flush against the cage wall horizontally(as pictured) right above a long ledge with minimal give. No chance of any chin falling through any opening and they'd have access to it all. When they are done, flip it over for backside chewing! :)

What would I call it? It kind of reminds me of a fence so I'd call it a "Pick-it fence" and maybe give the customer the choice of woods being used depending on what their chin/bird/other animal likes/prefers. :)

Oh, my. I can't believe how hard this has been to choose :) Why haven't I asked YOU ALL before to name my toys? I certainly will in the future. You guys are GREAT! Guess who won the "Pick-It Fence"? I can't even believe how many really GREAT names came in after that one...I tell, you, this was ONE TOUGH DECISION!

I appreciated each and every idea and all of your great feedback, the positive AND the negative, and the possiblitlities you've offered. All of this information will help me with every toy or chin-a-tat accessory I design in the future, so thank you everyone.

I chose this name because some very good points were brought up about this being a "ladder" or a "bridge" and I felt like I could sell the Pick-It Fence without leaving a chin owner the need to fear it as posing a potential danger to their beloved pets.

To the rest of you, please don't forget all of the great ideas you've given us. I've written them down and who suggested them and hope that when I present my next idea you'll come up with the perfect match.

Watch for the Pick-It Fence to be available for sale soon, with your choice of woods, I'm thinking.

Now that we all know how to play this game, I look forward to playing with you again...Thanks so much for playing along...Barbi

chins can climb even vertically They do need plenty of rungs to do it though, like a half inch to an inch apart. Hercules used to climb his old cage all the time. Especially when he got excited. I have made a couple of toys like this myself and I think you should use bendable wire and let the customer decide whatever creation they would like it to be, a wavy shelf/ bridge. a stair way. Which comes to another Idea ya'll should make a spiral stair way that the chins can use to climb up and down that would be really cool. Anyway there is my two cents just thought this was a fun post and wanted to share. Keep up the great work Barbi, I've been ordering from you for a few years now and I have never been disappointed.

chins can climb even vertically They do need plenty of rungs to do it though, like a half inch to an inch apart. Hercules used to climb his old cage all the time. Especially when he got excited. I have made a couple of toys like this myself and I think you should use bendable wire and let the customer decide whatever creation they would like it to be, a wavy shelf/ bridge. a stair way. Which comes to another Idea ya'll should make a spiral stair way that the chins can use to climb up and down that would be really cool. Anyway there is my two cents just thought this was a fun post and wanted to share. Keep up the great work Barbi, I've been ordering from you for a few years now and I have never been disappointed.

Hi Eric. Thanks for your 2 cents...never too late. Yes, it was a really fun thread, glad you thought so too. I appreciate the info and advice (?) suggestions. Thanks!

Back