New Cage is up!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job, I love it! And bet your chins do too. I need to fix mine up better. Everyone's cages are always so great looking, mine look boring compared to them.

Jean

ohhh I just posted a question about pictures for ideas and your cage is amazing! I hope you don't mind if I borrow a few of your ideas! I have the critter nation 162, which I think is the same cage size, just different bar spacing.

great set up....... hold on.......... hey, my chins are packing and on their way to your house.
Good job with the cage

hahahahah LMAO!!!!

the cage looks amazing!!! they will be very happy there...i might move in also lol!!!

updated pics, added another tube, took out hay box (using hammock right now) added another litter pan, few new toys

pics105.jpg

whole thing
pics109.jpg

ohhh I just posted a question about pictures for ideas and your cage is amazing! I hope you don't mind if I borrow a few of your ideas! I have the critter nation 162, which I think is the same cage size, just different bar spacing.

enjoy your cage! they are a lot of fun to "design" :)

Do most people take out the middle divider of the FN142? I though they needed that as a safety to keep from falling all the way.

Do most people take out the middle divider of the FN142? I though they needed that as a safety to keep from falling all the way.

well some do, some don't... seems to me there is a poll about this. If you decided to take the pan out, you just need to make sure you have plenty of ledges for your chin. My girls love running up and down, up and down (I think they are running relay races) my girls are not clumsy and I don't worry about them falling. :thumbsup:

Verrry Nice!! Good Job on the arrangements. Lots of shelves. That can be hard work -can't it?!!hehe. Looks like "plenty" of room for maddie &Mitzie to buzz around in!!hehe
Cute names too!!

O...M...G...

i had to push gizmo away from the computer screen. hes like "mom, you suck". well not that bad. lol.

everyone will be disappointed, but in my defense ive had him for 3 weeks, but my cage still has a wire bottom. since he only pees in one place, should i cover the rest of his cage with a rug except for his pee spot? or can these critters be potty trained? cuz i would LOVE for him to have a more stable bottom than the rickety wires (keeps me up at night too).

but goodness! amazing job on the cage! i think if i see anymore, i'll get too excited and start spoiling gizmo!

O...M...G...

i had to push gizmo away from the computer screen. hes like "mom, you suck". well not that bad. lol.

everyone will be disappointed, but in my defense ive had him for 3 weeks, but my cage still has a wire bottom. since he only pees in one place, should i cover the rest of his cage with a rug except for his pee spot? or can these critters be potty trained? cuz i would LOVE for him to have a more stable bottom than the rickety wires (keeps me up at night too).

but goodness! amazing job on the cage! i think if i see anymore, i'll get too excited and start spoiling gizmo!

It's fine to have a wire bottom, as long as it is chin safe spacing :) and as long as you have other non wire places for chinney to rest his paws on. You can "litter train" a chin to a point... if Gizmo always goes in the same spot, then just put a litter pan there (a cake pan with aspen shavings in it is what I use) and put a little "used" shavings in the litter pan and he will probably get the hint. That is what I did, I just put in the fleece, noted where the girls were going the most and put litter pans there, of course they don't always use their pans, but I feel like it does cut down on having to wash the fleece everyday and of course, they love to sit in it :laughitup:

are your litter pans, metal baking dishes from the dollar store?? that is what i use and they look just like that! i hope to be posting pix this weekend of my boys in their new cage!

are your litter pans, metal baking dishes from the dollar store?? that is what i use and they look just like that! i hope to be posting pix this weekend of my boys in their new cage!

yes but not from the dollar store, from walmart/target, man I wish I had thought of the dollar store! I think mine were around $5 each or so!

Back