• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pricing Out Shelf Sets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EternallyCynical

So my baby's living in a 2 level CN and his cage is, sadly, rather bare. I'd like to get some extra shelves and things to give him more to do so I'm looking to sort of see what my options are as far as furnishing his cage goes.

Ideally I'd like to be able to buy shelves and the like as a package. I'd like a variety of shelf lengths but I think largely slightly longer shelves are better - with the CN bars being notoriously on the weaker side, the more points of support on the shelves to better I think, so narrow 'leap ledges' or perches may not be the best in this case but if you have sets that include narrower ledges I'm still interested. Poo guards on shelves are a must because my boy is EXTREMELY messy. Pre-installed hanging hardware is a strong preference but I can probably manage without, too.

The only catch is I'm in Canada, and can't afford to pay a bajillion dollars for shipping. I'm fairly close to the border (in the greater Toronto area) but shipping here can still be nasty and I can't afford to be paying twice over for whatever I'm buying.

If you offer shelf packages (or just cage furnishing packages in general, bridges, metal tubes, and similar wood or metal items are also good), or would be willing to give me a package deal on what would normally be individually sold shelves, please let me know! I'd love to get rough cost estimates so I can sort of see what my options are! I'm happy to provide a rough manageable price range if you don't have preset shelf packages but would like to work something out.

Thanks Tagna :) I've checked Zoey and Lilo's but neither of their 2 offered shelves have poo guards and I don't think I'd be able to alter them or make separate ones, I just don't have the set up for really any kind of woodworking. Thanks for the rec. though!!

You can check out my FaceBook page called Fleece for Furries (there is a link at the top of this forum). I have a ledge set that is 45.00, it has 8 ledges total (2-5in, 2-6in, 2-8in and 2-10 in).

I've found someone up here willing to put together some stuff for me but its good to know I've got plenty of options if things don't work out for whatever reason. Thanks so much everyone!!

Back