• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Playpen and Shelves

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessVH92

Hello I am looking for a good sized playpen for my 1 chin. I would also like some accessories, like shelves. I do not need them to be sold together but I would need them to be a relatively low price.

If you have a local Home Depot, I picked up a 1"x8"x6' plank of kiln dried pine, 8 hanger bolts (1/4"), 8 wing nuts, and about 12 fender washers for around $16. I just made my boy a corner shelf, and two shelves to start out with and still have plenty of wood left (just need more hardware).

Thanks everyone!sorry I'm new and I just notice my post is actually up. My mom actually kept the wire rabbit cage we had for our guinea pig, so got one for free!!!!! Yay! And I just moved some of the pieces around to make it a hexagon type shape.

Now all I need are some shelves, I do have one I bought off Walmart.com for about $7 my roommate calls it her divi board because it's the only shelf she has right now. And I am asking a family member if he has any scrap wood (i sent him a list of safe woods) that he can drill holes in and then I'll just add the hardware.

Back