Cardboard playpen

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are my girls in there playpen, Maddie is in mid chin hop!

pics094.jpg

Excellent! Is it working well for you?

it works great! I made two "walls" so to speak each of I think 9 panels so I could circle around their cage and have two exits parts from myself, so the other day I was stepping out of the playpen for a min so I moved some of the panels so I could get out, well Maddie got on the other side of the playpen when I did this and I was thinking "oh no now I am going to play the chin chase game" but it was like Maddie realized she was on the wrong side... she turned around and ran back into the pen! I couldn't believe it! Maybe they feel safer in the pen :laughitup:

DO your chins try and bite the ends and open them? mine do and they succeed...

Yes, I've tried the velcro, unfortunately I got the industrial strength kind and it was s strong it ripped off the cardboard. Plain old regular strength might work better. I've tried magnets too but those weren't strong enough.

What I found that works is ovelapping the two ends by one panel and pushing the cage up against the two "ends." She can tug all she wants on it then but she gets no where. :)

ok i think i found somewhere to hide the ends where she cant get to them.

My Walmart has those poster display boards for like they have at science fairs in school for $1 a piece. About 6 of those and it works perfect!

You can go on the USPS website for those of you who are in america and have any amount of any sized boxes shipped to your door for free (these are the flat rate boxes). Though you have to be careful and read. I accidentally ordered a quantity of 7... which would have been fine until I realized it was 25 boxes in each. So I ended up with tooooo many boxes lol.

Back