2013 Statistics

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
Okay - so I have a touch of OCD and apply it to almost all aspects of my life (with the exception of housekeeping)!

In 2012 I grew considerably but despite adding more breeding females to my herd in 2013, my numbers were down this year. Not complaining as over 100 babies is more than enough - just wish a few females that I have had in breeding over two years would get with the program! Just curious as to how the breeders out there did this year as opposed to last year.

I have 45 breeding females this year as opposed to 32 in breeding last year. I had 113 kits born in 2012 and these are my stats for 2013:

In 2013 I had:
102 chinchilla kits born (12 less than last year despite adding 13 females)
45-females
57-males

I had:
51 litters
19 single litters
16 litters of twins
12 sets of triplets
4 litters of quads
0 litter of quints
0 litter of sextuplets

25 deaths or stillbirths (higher than I like for sure but death rate substantially decreased after changing feed, much to my relief).

Colors:
49 standard
13 ebony
5 white
8 black velvet
11 beige
16 pinkwhite

My most fertile female gave me 9 kits this year and my most prolific male sired 21 kits. I am very happy with these results and if any of my holdouts want to give me a New Years baby, I would be happy to give the rest of them a year off! :)

Happy "D" Year everyone!

I currently have 24 females in breeding and will be introducing 3 more girls in the next few months.

75 babies
34 females
41 males

39 litters
18 single litters
12 twins
11 triplets

15 deaths, 5 born the same day killed by the same male (whom I immediately culled). =(

Colors:
2 Beige
12 Beige sc
2 Beige vc
3 Beige Violet
1 Black velvet dc
2 Ebony
4 Ebony White
1 Chocolate
2 Tan
1 Tov homo Tan White
1 Tov Tan White
1 Tan White
1 Pinkwhite
1 Tov Pinkwhite
1 Pinkwhite vc
11 Sapphire vc
5 Standards
6 Standard dc
4 Standard vc
6 Standard sc pvc
1 Tov homo tan
4 Violet
3 Violet sc

Most fertile female; A Standard s/c female that had 9 Sapphire babies with my Sapphire vc male.

Most prolific male; That Sapphire vc, he had 17 babies with four females.

The biggest surprise this year has been the overwhelming number of Sapphires as I only had the one male with two standard sc females.

I had to cull three males; the one that killed the babies and a father and son that passed a chewing issue. I also culled all of their babies to pet homes (18) and shuffled females around so it really set me back in Oct/Nov. I will probably have a very slow spring due to that.

Back