"Clicking" sound with newborn kit?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry Alex. I know that is such a hard thing to go through.

At least with little Tali I haven't had enough time to get too attached. It makes me sad when a kit struggles or doesn't make it but it is not heart wrenching like when it is an animal that you have become attached to or have cared for.

I will pray for whatever God feels is best for Sunni and you.

Wish I could say the same about my Sunni. She has heart failure and in her last days. I prayed last night that God would take her and not let her suffer.

Juanita the same thing happened to me. Laid down with her in bed last night listening to her labored breathing. She laid on her side upon my chest and I told her it was okay to go. I finally laid her down in a box beside the bed thinking she would be gone this morning and she is still alive. However she wants no food or water. Its tough.

I'm sorry to read that you've had a rough week with your other animals but I have to ask - are you taking this poor girl to the vets to be PTS if she is in heart failure and struggling so badly?

6Dusters - Congestive heart failure, at the end, is drowning in your own bodily fluids. Your lungs slowly fill with liquid and you drown. If I was a human and had it, I would find a way to put myself to sleep. You have that option for your pet. Why would you not take it rather than watching her suffer?

Thanks Juanita.

I'm sorry the thead was stolen.
Sunni has heart medication for the fluid and for her heart as well as antibiotics just in case. There really isn't much more I can do but love her and keep her comfortable.
I'm not going to write anymore to this thread. Sunni has been given every wonderful thing in life and now its God's will.

You should be ashamed of youself, I have dealt with end stage congestive heart failure and when it was that bad I could not get to the vet fast enough to have him PTS, the thread was stolen because you are in the act of animal abuse right now and you should not even HAVE animals if that is how you treat them. Makes me sick.

Thanks Juanita.

I'm sorry the thead was stolen.
Sunni has heart medication for the fluid and for her heart as well as antibiotics just in case. There really isn't much more I can do but love her and keep her comfortable.
I'm not going to write anymore to this thread. Sunni has been given every wonderful thing in life and now its God's will.

No, it is not "God's will". It is your choice as a pet owner to do the right thing and end your chin's suffering in a dignified and peaceful manner by taking her to a vet and having her humanely euthanised - watching her suffer and die is not kind when you have the power to do something.
Here in the UK you would be breaking the law (Animal Welfare Act) by allowing her to suffer :(

I just read this, Juanita, and it brought tears to my eyes! Amazing! I am praying for the best for Tali (LOVE the name!) and her brother and mother. The entire story is just inspiring. Thank you for sharing, Juanita!

Tali made it to the 1 week mark!

Here are pictures today of Tali - at 1 week of age, she truly is a miracle and continues to do well! She is full of life and is as spunky a baby as I have had so I am thrilled with her progress. Sorry for the red backdrop Wendy but that is the shirt Bob was wearing when I decided to take pictures! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17
Here are pictures today of Tali - at 1 week of age, she truly is a miracle and continues to do well! She is full of life and is as spunky a baby as I have had so I am thrilled with her progress. Sorry for the red backdrop Wendy but that is the shirt Bob was wearing when I decided to take pictures! :)

So happy to hear she is doing well! That little miracle can have any backdrop you like (until her first show groom: then white or blue, LOL!). :)

Back