Yay!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was cute too & didn't figure it would make her change colors. But changing her fur colors might be a nice holiday twist lol. Just kidding :p

Lol yeah. I could throw in some red fleece and make her festive for Christmas. Haha

Thats what I was thinking. I've washed the fabric a few times. The problem could be fixed but maybe she is just still pink. I bought more fabric in a different pattern to make a new set of pan covers. I'm going to make the pillow case kind because she now loves to get under the tucked fleece and run around like a bug under a rug. Its really cute but I cant have her possibly chewing the plastic pans.

313312_279924458693825_195862490433356_1114073_1982414212_n.jpg

Ohhh I LOVE that pattern! Very pretty!

Well here it is. I only made the bottom pan so far and I did not want to add velcro because I was afraid that Karleigh would chew it or rip out the threads which she likes to do if there are any showing. I sewed three sides and left the side that opens to the doors un-sewn to tuck under. I love the pillowcase style cover!
305773_280384411981163_195862490433356_1116704_1431610445_n.jpg

She loves her new cover, excuse the level without a cover it is currently being made so it will be covered today when its done.
314584_280385071981097_195862490433356_1116706_1842574919_n.jpg

you will need to cut some tiles to make them fit in the cage floor, so i would go with ceramic to make that easy, since ceramic tiles are usually thinner than marble or granite.

yeah i knew i had to cut them. just didnt know which would work better, but now that i think about it ceramic would definitely be easier.
do you know if home depot or lowe's will cut them?

i know that home depot up here won't cut tile, and i haven't called the new Lowe's that just opened up yet to find out if they would.

with thin tiles, you can use a glass cutter to score and then snap the tiles, if they are thin enough. i know that home depot sells a tile cutter (handheld) or will rent out a tile cutter (table 'saw' setup sort of thing). i just couldn't justify buying a tile cutter to cut six tiles, or rent the bigger table cutter for the same reason - the cost just isn't justified for six whole tiles! lol.

lol right, i'll ask my local home depot or lowe's and ask if they will.
if not i'm sure my landlord could talk to home depot about it, since he's pretty close friends with the manager, plus spends TONS of money there lol.

So Saturday I finally picked up the cage. I'm really glad that its the 142 model. I thought it'd be the no tools but nope it required tools. I can't wait to get it scrubbed and finally start putting things in it :) we may get a female chin before february :)

I think were gonna tile ours with ceramic tiles (easier to cut) and then we'll have lots of fleece in each section along with lots of wood

Back